Family

Family
Love

Thursday, February 24, 2011

what is a "good" baby??

I am starting to get so sick of people asking if Huxley is a good baby or not. I know I have been guilty in the past of asking people with new babies the same thing however, now I realize what a dumb question this is.  Babies can't be good or bad they just are. Huxley doesn't purposefully get fussy and wake up in the middle of the night just to piss us off, he does it b/c he needs something or b/c he is trying to communicate that something is wrong or he is uncomfortable. We need to stop putting labels on little babies, I love my son and think he is wonderful...all his behaviors are normal and just b/c he may need more attention or becomes fussier then other babies at times doesn't mean I want to label him as a "bad" baby or a "demanding" baby he is just a baby and he is doing what babies do; crying, eating, pooping, smiling, cooing, etc. I also think that by putting these labels on babies affects the parents and we start wondering why is my baby so demanding and her baby is so relaxed and chill, am I doing something wrong, why can't my baby be like that...and with all the trials of parenthood and all the guilt and second guessing already involved why add one more thing to worry about. I accept all the ups and downs that come along with having my son and am trying to cherish every moment b/c before I know it he won't want me to love on him and kiss on him he will be off with his friends pretending like his parents don't exist. So enjoy your babies...good, bad, relaxed, demanding...wonderful!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. I can relate with you exactly!! We have to take it in and love every moment good and bad. We think of your family often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Andrea, how are things with you and your family? maybe we can get together this summer sometime. Thanks so much for the car seat cover I appreciate it! take care!!!

    ReplyDelete