Family

Family
Love

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sleepy Time update!!!!

So last night things went very well and I'm hoping it was not a fluke. Huxley took two main naps yesterday lasting about 2 or 3 hours and he woke up from his last one around 7:30 we played and talked with him, fed him, changed him then around 9:30 I gave him a warm bath and then Jason bounced him and rocked him till he was drowsy. Then I fed him again and he was off to sleepy town in his bassinet. He slept from 10:30 to 3:30 I fed and changed him then back to bed around 4 and he slept until about 6 when Jason got up with him. It was so nice to sleep in bed again. I am going to try the same routine tonight and see if it works again, keeping my fingers crossed that it does. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all your support and advice!!!

3 comments:

  1. just keep putting him in the bassinet like you did last night maybe he will just get used to it and start liking it...also I thought about trying to put the boppy pillow in there with him... Ive also heard of people putting a little baby rice into the bottles to fill the baby up and let them sleep longer...parenthood is awesome!!! Just trial and error sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously put a little rice cereal in his bottle..I'm not even kidding it totally works!! Your friend knows what she is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice ladies, Huxley is actually sleeping pretty good the problem was getting him to sleep in his bassinet b/c he was used to sleeping somewhere else. The last few nights he has done good sleeping 5 to 6 hours straight in his bassinet the problem now is getting him back to sleep and having him sleep more than one to 2 hours he just seems to be awake and wants to play, little stinker. I did put the boppy pillow in the bassinet and that seemed to be the key. About the rice cereal, I have done some research and just don't think I want to give it to him yet, I might wait until he is a little older, probably 4 mo or so. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete