Family

Family
Love

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When is your kids bedtime??

Ok so I am reading a wonderfully informational book that my dear friend Crystal is letting me borrow it's called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child I am only about 1/3 of the way through it but it got me wondering when is a good bed time for an infant? I know each child is different and the bedtime changes with age however, in this book the author, Marc Weissbluth, M.D. recommends an earlier bedtime to ensure a rested child that is happy and healthy and I mean early like between 6ish and 7ish for most infants (4 to 11 mo) and young children (1-3 or 4 years old). I think this is very early and if I was to start doing this I would not see my son in the evenings at all b/c I don't get home from work until 6:30 or 7:30pm. So I was curious as to when you all put your children to bed and how it has changed with their age, what struggles you went through, and how you started setting up a nap/bedtime routine??

No comments:

Post a Comment