Family

Family
Love

Saturday, March 26, 2011

What's New with the Knights

It has been a while since I have done any blogging so I thought since I may have a few minutes while Huxley and Jason are taking naps. I am officially back to work :(  It really sucked the first day; Huxley was being super cute and smiley which made it so hard, I was also worried about Jason since his knee still was hurting him and he wasn't able to get around to good yet but, he reassured me all would be fine so I begrudgingly got ready for work. Before I left Huxley gave me a big smile and I lost it...I couldn't hold back the tears and cried on and off for about 10 minutes. Finally I composed myself and walked out the door. Once I was on my way I was ok I just tried to remember that Jason and Huxley were bonding, having fun and it was nothing Jason couldn't handle. I was right, they did great I got home after 9 long hours and Jason and Huxley were just fine...Jason, being such a proud daddy, filled me in on all their activities for the day; tummy time, feedings, music time, naps, silly faces, and "cooing." It was not so bad. I am now getting into the swing of things and we are getting nighttime figured out. Unfortunatley for Jason Huxley enjoys waking at 4am and wanting to hang out with daddy and since I have to work and need my sleep Huxley gets his way. :)

Jason's knee is getting a little better he is able to go longer without pain meds and is able to put some light pressure on it but still has definite issues. He goes in in a little over a week to see what the diagnosis is...hoping he doesn't need surgery!  He is managing the stay at home dad thing very well and is excited to tell me all about their day and what new and cute things Huxley is doing, which is awesome and hard for me all at the same time. I hate missing parts of my son's life but I am so happy that at least one of his parents is home with him and he doesn't have to go to a daycare or something. I think that would be so much harder, I really feel for those parents that have to it must be very difficult for them.

Huxley had his first appointment with the Pediatrician and all is great, he weighs 13lb 8oz is 24in long and hitting all his milestones. He got his first immunization shots and was not a happy camper but did well, no fever and wasn't too cranky. He is getting so big so fast it is amazing to watch him grow and change each day. I love him more and more as time goes by. He smiles, coos, rolls to his side and fills my and Jason's heart with happiness. Well he is waking so better go cuddle and feed my little man. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Who would of thought such little spirits could bring so much joy and happiness. I hope all continue to go well for you and you beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete